Saturday, August 23, 2008

Canning the Green























So for the first time in two or three years, Amy and I were able to get hold of a bag of green chile. For those of you who know me well, you know I have many loves of food. One of those is this wonderfully flavorful plant that provides heat and taste. It makes everything better and goes great with rootbeer. Yes, I was excited to get a hold of this bag...

Then we started canning the green chile.......pictures to come. For now just know that I began prepping the chile on Thursday evening, finishing around 9:00. Tonight Amy, the parents, and I have been at it for 6 hours. I've started falling asleep, so I began to blog instead. Dad is falling asleep on the couch across from me...trying to make it look like he is still watching "Return of the King".

.....We finally finished at 2:30 in the morning. Jeeze! I didn't realize that it would take that long, but it was fun spending time with Amy and the parents. All together we got almost 90 cans of chile, ranging from mild to hot in flavor. It was quite the process, and for more on that I would read Amy's blog. She really put in the details.

Just a little bit of the aftermath for you to ponder. Enjoy!

No comments: