Saturday, September 5, 2009

Scare the Boy!












Last week I had the pleasure of getting rid of one of my student's hiccups. This is a student who continuously interrupts class, so when he repeatedly shouted out that he had the hiccups, I told him to hold his breath, and if that didn't work we would try something else. So, I kept class going, and waited for the perfect opportunity. I set the entire class to doing a problem and as soon as this boy had turned and put his head down to work, I attacked!

Getting close to someone in a quiet environment and screaming a bloodcurling yelp is quite effective in getting rid of someone's hiccups. This boy, and most of the class, jumped...but not just a startled jump. This boy began his own terrified scream as he began running away, backwards, in his chair. It was hilarious!

So...thoughful, unselfish, caring I was able to help a young man get rid of his hiccups. I love my job!

3 comments:

Miss Jaster said...

LMAO- Who was it? I need a better mental image so I can laugh harder. Text me his name or tell me next time you see me!

Unknown said...

Funny... April said you got her good at Safeway yesterday too.

Tom, April and Kaitee said...

You are my hero!