Sunday, March 8, 2009

Bicycle Woes


















So...I got a bike. I've wanted one for about nine years, and finally bit the bullet, with the help of Amy.

Today, I took it out for an initial run....all the way to the school and back. I know, I'm a moron. Who in the world, but a moron, would decide to take a bike a grand total of about 7 miles on their first trip in 317 years. Seriously, what was I thinking?

I made it home...walking up the hill from H E Double Hockey Sticks, and through the sandy pits of the Sahara desert. Quite the trip.

The first thing Amy asked me was if I had fun...As I laid on the floor, trying to grasp for what could have been my last breath, I breathed out a "huh-uh", which probably sounded like a wilderbeast being rammed in the gut by a long horn.

So, in short, I'm enjoying my bike, but need to get in shape. I look forward to the day when I can make it home without walking the bike up the hill. I'll let you know how that goes.

Be wheel and pedal your brains out!

No comments: