Sunday, December 27, 2009

A Title Too Scary to Post!




























Amy and I went to the nutcracker last night, and it was really cool. I know as a guy that I'm not supposed to say things like that, but a good ballet isn't as bad as our gender makes it sound. Yes, it is a lot of dancing, and there is no talking what-so-ever, but the majesty of the movements is quite captivating. Of course, I also got to sit by the most beautiful woman ever, so that always helps!













The play was held in the Phoenix Symphony Hall. It is a beautiful building in downtown Phoenix and the inside is awesome. I loved the balconies that overlook the waiting area. The wood paneling lightens everything up, without being too bright, and the seating is really nice. Amy was able to score seats on the bottom tier of the bottom section. They were off to the side and provided a great view of the play.

























I thought the climax of the play would be the battle between the nutcracker soldiers, great name isn't it, and the rat king, but that was the end of scene 1. The climax was traveling off to see a wholebunch of dances from around the world, and it was really neat. I liked it a lot better than the first act. One of my favorite dances was the one pictured above, in which a whole bunch of ballerinas danced around as snow fell. It was visually stunning!

No comments: