Monday, June 8, 2009

Look at that Glass

Amy and I took a small vacation to the valley a couple weekends ago. One of the coolest things we were able to do was attend the glass exhibit at the botanical gardens. I was a little skeptical at first, after all an exhibit is an exhibit and glass is glass, but I ended up having a blast. Not only was I able to spend time with my beautiful wife, but we were surrounded by amazing work on every side, both natural and manmade.













The glass seemed to blend into its surrounding. They were placed in the desert landscape, in water, surrounded by trees, and surrounded by cacti.






























































Some of my favorite sculptures were the blues. I loved the way that they contrasted against the greens and browns of the desert. They sun seemed to bounce off of the blues with extra vibrancy (spelling?).





















































Of course, the natural surroundings were just as amazing as the glass. One of the first pictures I took was of a dragonfly that caught my eye. It was huge! The ground squirrel things, lizards, plants, and California King Snakes made sure that anyone watching knew that God was the first sculptor.








































































And then there were the bizarre. The scuptures that didn't quite fit in, but were fun none-the-less. I enjoyed them for their chaotic nature, but if you know me you know I like things that are linear.


















































With any luck, all of these pictures will load. I apologize if I crashed your computer, but there were just too many beautiful things to choose from. Thanks, as always, for being one of my readers.

2 comments:

Kay said...

Wow. Those are great pictures. Natural and glass alike!

Lou said...

Those are awesome Eldon!!! I want to go now! *planning a trip to the valley*